Getting to the Heart of Parenting
Time & Location
About the Event
1. Would you like an atmosphere at home that feels more relaxed, feels free of tension and less volatile?
2. Would you like to have a conversation with your child without worrying about how they’ll react or what will be said next?
3. Would you like to know your child is really okay even though it may seem that they are struggling and suffering?
4. Would you like to feel more confident in your ability to guide your child through challenging times?
About this programme:
In this series of four webinars, run fortnightly, we invite you to join us to explore a less stressful view of parenting, without so much anxiety. We will look at how our minds work and how we can easily end up in a cycle of worry. When we can clearly see this for ourselves, we can break this worry cycle.
“I found the course to be incredibly useful. My daughter has been going through a difficult time and this was making me feel I was parenting badly. The course has taught me so much about how to have good relationships with teenagers. By me being aware of my own experience, I am becoming a better parent and this is really helping my day to day relationship with my daughter.”
Neil, Previous participant of Getting to the Heart of Parenting series.
Each session will include discussion, questions, an opportunity to receive ‘in-group’ coaching and guidance from us regarding our individual perceptions of what may be happening. This is a space for participants to share, or to just listen, and to receive support in their parenting.
Depending on the group’s needs, likely aspects we will be discussing are:
- Worry about the future, including our kids’ future;
- Having to find solutions isn’t always the answer;
- Separating your child’s behaviour from who they are;
- Rules versus expectations;
- Dealing with confrontation;
- What if we can’t get parenting wrong?
This third Getting to the Heart of Parenting programme will be a safe and non-judgmental space for us to explore the worry that can often feel all consuming. Together, we will challenge the belief that anxiety and worry is inherently part of being a parent.
Results from this programme include:
· Less worry, less stress;
· Notice the little shifts and changes already taking place;
· Greater peace of mind;
· Easier relationships;
· Parenting from a clearer mind.
"In the complex world of parenting it was wonderful to have a well-structured, safe and supportive space in which to reflect on our experiences. I liked the way Lindsey and Marie facilitated a place of sharing, where everyone was listened to and given space to be heard. They skilfully directed our attention away from the content of our stories to look to where are experiences are actually coming from, how our perceptions are formed and how the practical implications of this understanding can transform not just our parenting but our entire experience of life."
Beth, Previous participant of Getting to the Heart of Parenting series.
· Links to useful resources to watch in between sessions;
· Four interactive webinar sessions;
· Opportunity for reduced price one-to-one coaching during the period of the programme.
Dates & price:
This programme consists of four webinars held fortnightly on:
Thursdays at 7.00-8.30pmGMT
We are using Zoom for each webinar session. These webinars will build on the last, so please put all four dates in your diary. Each session will be recorded and you will receive a link to rewatch whenever you choose.
Cost: £75.00 per person
Lindsey Elliott has over 14 years’ experience working with people and in groups. She has a BSc Hons degree in Psychology, and now works as a transformational coach, specialising in anxiety, stress and overwhelm. Lindsey works one to one with private clients, as well as with corporate organisations, supporting staff wellbeing. Lindsey is mum to her 8-year-old son.
Marie Arymar is a self-published author, founder of the Precarious Parenting podcast series and Clarity® Coach, working with parents and young people. As well as private clients, she also supports schools and organisations with individuals or group work. She also works with Young Devon, a local charity, supporting young people. Marie is step-mum to two lads in their mid-20s.
- Online ticket£75£750£0