Updated: Sep 29
There are many reported health benefits to consuming apple cider vinegar. However there are few scientific studies to back this up. This doesn’t mean that there aren’t health benefits to be had from consuming this vinegar, just that it hasn’t been rigorously studied as yet!
It is best to drink raw, organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with the ‘Mother’ in it, as many of health benefits may come from the ‘Mother’.
Here are few ways apple cider vinegar may support health:
· May help to regulate blood sugar levels.
· May increase weight loss.
· May reduce cholesterol levels and help with heart health.
· Although a vinegar, apple cider vinegar (ACV) is a great reducer of acidity. As it is a concentrate of apples it has a strong alkalising effect on the body. Therefore it can be useful in inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, psoriasis and eczema. If you are looking to alkalise your diet and body, ACV may be useful to take.
· May be protective against cancer.
· May kill harmful bacteria in the gut.
How to use
I add ACV to my drinking water. I add 1 tbsp to 500ml of water and drink this 1 to 2 times over a day. I drink this through a straw to ensure that the acidity doesn’t weaken the enamel on my teeth.
Add to salad dressings instead of normal vinegar.
Add a 5 to 10mls to vegetables once they are cooked such as in a stir fry.
Take 10mls in little warm water 30 minutes before food to reduce acidity & aid digestion.
For a nice little tonic to start the day with try a mug of hot water with the juice of half a lemon squeezed into it. This helps to alkalise the body and awaken the digestive system and liver. For an added metabolism & digestion boost add ½ tsp grated ginger, ½ tsp cinnamon, pinch of cayenne pepper, 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and sweeten with honey/maple syrup if needed.
As with all things in life, don’t take too much ACV – keep it to a maximum of 3 tbsp per day.
#applecidervinegar #healthylifestyle #alkalinediet #alkalising #nutrition #health #wellbeing #healeatmove #nutritionaltherapist #brightonnutritionist #healthyfood #alkaline #nutritioncoach #eatwellfeelwell #eatgoodfeelgood #antiinflammatorydiet #nutritionaltherapist #naturalhealth #naturallifestyle #naturalremedies #holistichealth #wellness #holistichealing #onlinehealthcoach #wellnesscoach #wellnesscoaching #healingthebody #inflammation